diGJamaica’s List of Summer Camps 2017
Summer is here, and diGJamaica knows that parents and guardians are on the hunt for activities to occupy these huge blocks of otherwise unoccupied time that have suddenly befallen them and their children. Of course, they're looking for fun, exciting, safe, and affordable, places to send their charges. Here's a list of summer programmes and activities available in Jamaica for 2017. For the full list, visit tinyurl.com/diGJaCampList:
Ace Summer Sports Camp
- Date: July 3-Sept 1 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.- 2 p.m.)
- Audience: Ages 3-14
- Synopsis: Sports include tennis, basketball, football, baseball, workshops and field trips.
- Contact: Tel: 876-588-1989/876-384-5530 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AquaWorx Session Swimming Camp
- Date: July 2-28, Aug 8-25 (Mon-Fri, one-hour sessions at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.)
- Synopsis: Great for persons who want their children to learn how to swim whether they are beginner, pre-intermediates, or intermediates.
- Contact: Website: aquaworx.weebly.com
- Date: July 3-7 and July 10-14
- Audience: Lil Ballaz: 3-6 yrs (9 a.m.-12 noon) | Junior Ballaz: 7-11 yrs (9 a.m.-12 noon or 1-4 p.m.)
- Synopsis: It's all about friends, fun, and football for the little ones.
- Contact: Tel: 876-920-8378/876-260-2255 | Email: email@example.com
CPTC Media Technology Institute Just For Teens Summer Programme
- Date: July 3-27 (Mon-Thur 10 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Audience: Ages 13-18
- Synopsis: Just for Teens provides two weeks of voice and speech training, with the remainder of the time invested in video production lessons. At the end, teens are expected to do a production showcasing what they have learnt, and they will also receive a certificate for successful programme completion.
- Contact: Tel: 876-922-9214 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delicious Occasions Young Chefs Summer Classes
- Date: June 19-August 18, Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Audience: Young chefs
- Synopsis: Send your young chef to camp to learn knife skills, how to make a simple breakfast, cake and pastry making, and even international cuisine.
- Contact: Tel: 876-509-0093/876-819-0959 | Email: email@example.com
Discovery Bay Marine Lab Summer Eco-Camp
- Date: July 9-28 2017
- Audience: Eco-Minions (8-11 yrs): July 9-14; Eco-Warriors (12-14 yrs): July 16-21; Planeteers (15-17 yrs): July
- Synopsis: A camp with fun-filled and environmentally focused educational activities, providing campers with the opportunity to learn more about the marine environment through talks, video presentations, hands-on activities, experiments, games, and field trips.
Contact: Tel: 876-973-2241/876-973-2946 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edna Manley College of The Visual & Performing Arts Summer School
Date: July 3-28
Audience: Kaleidoscope: Children 4-11; Artscope: Teens 12-18; adult courses
Synopsis: The Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts Summer School has a stellar more-than-20-year reputation of delivering a fun, artistic, and creative summer programme. This usually culminates in a top-quality, highly anticipated production, showcasing all the talents learnt during the programme.
Contact: Tel: 876-619-EDNA Email: email@example.com WhatsApp: 468-5409
Football & Swimming Foundation Building Summer Camp
Date: July 3-28 (Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-12 noon)
Audience: 3-6 yrs
Synopsis: Aquaworx and Ballaz have collaborated to create a programme that allows children to learn the foundations of swimming and football.
Contact: Tel: 876-889-3969 | Website: aquaworx.weebly.com
diGJamaica is the Gleaner's research and data website built specifically to address a need to make data about Jamaica more accessible, relatable, easy-to-use and easy-to-understand. Visit www.diGJamaica.com to find out more.