Tue | Dec 11, 2018

Jamaican man in major Bahamian drug bust denied bail

Published:Tuesday | November 20, 2018 | 12:16 PM
CMC photo

NASSAU, Bahamas, CMC – A 40-year-old Jamaican man was denied bail and will re-appear in court on February 27 next year after he was charged jointly with a Bahamian national following the seizure of nearly two million US dollars’ worth of marijuana earlier this month.

Jamaican Jason Noble and 41-year-old Tafferon Frazier appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Subusola Swain on charges of possession of dangerous drugs with intent to supply and conspiracy to possess dangerous drugs with intent to supply.

The court heard that the men had abandoned a drug-laden boat after they were cornered by law enforcement near Bone Fish Pond on November 5.

The prosecution said that the men swam to land and the police recovered 60 crocus bags containing 1,814 pounds of marijuana when they searched the vessel.

Both Noble and Frazier have denied the charges and have been told they would have to apply to a Judge for bail.

We want to hear from you! Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169, email us at editors@gleanerjm.com or onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com.