Days to Reggae Sumfest
This year marks the 22nd staging of Reggae Sumfest. In recognition of this, The Gleaner, in partnership with Headline Entertainment and Summerfest Productions, is counting down to the festival with a daily feature of short facts on billed artistes and the event.
Ready! Set! Reggae Sumfest!
You have your tickets, and you are gearing up for the 'Greatest Reggae Show on Earth', Reggae Sumfest which takes charge of the Second City from July 17-19. The calendar event continues to be a summer essential for many, locally and internationally. Here are some tips to make your Reggae Sumfest experience your best ever:
1. Tickets: If you have not yet purchased tickets, there is still time to visit the retail outlets islandwide or visit reggaesumfest.com to purchase your presold tickets. In the event that you haven't got your tickets, you can purchase them at the gate, so no need to panic.
2. Transportation: There's no better feeling than knowing that after an amazing night you can count on a safe and reliable drive home to rest up for another night of entertainment. Whether it be with Knutsford Express offering comfortable shuttles to and from the festival, friends and family or your own personal vehicle, ensure that your transportation to and from the venue is confirmed before you head out.
3. Money: Great! Your tickets are secured and you are on your way to the festival, be sure to bring some extra cash for refreshments at the show and in case of any emergencies.
4. Accommodations: Travelling from outside Montego Bay? Fret not! Montego Bay has some of the best accommodations on the west coast, so whether you're staying overnight or for the weekend, book your accommodation before it's too late.
5. Lights, cameras, action: You will want to relive those once-in-a-lifetime moments that will definitely take place at the 22nd Reggae Sumfest. From your favorite stars onstage, to some major surprises at the festival, whatever the case may be, your camera is definitely one you cannot leave home without. Smartphones or DSLR Cameras, capturing these moments are a must.