The people declare their Sumfest closers
With Reggae Sumfest a little over a month away and with no international/US acts billed for the show, The Sunday Gleaner, ventured into the streets of the Corporate Area to find out from members of the public which artistes they believe would be best suited to close the two main nights at the festival.
Who would you like to see close Dancehall or Reggae Night at Sumfest this year?
- For dancehall night at Reggae Sumfest I'd like to see Ding Dong close it.
- I'd like to see Vybz Kartel close Sumfest. Me know sey him nuh really deh bout still, but if dem even can take him out a jail for at least a one night and make him do him likkle ting 'cause a di boss dat.
- I think Spice should close dancehall night. She has the lyrics and the vibe and the whole stage presence to close, but I really like Devin Di Dakta a whole lot, so I think he should be the one.
- I always look forward to seeing Beenie Man closing Sumfest (Dancehall Night), so I'd definitely be looking forward to see him close Sumfest this year.
- For Reggae Night, I believe Busy Signal should close because he has been on tour for a while and he has contributed a lot to reggae music in Jamaica. I think he is the best person to close it.
- Reggae Night, me definitely think Tarrus Riley 'cause him a the general. Him ah personally one ah my favorite artiste.
- Beenie me want close it for Dancehall Night because him a the king of dancehall.
- You see Dancehall Night, a Gaza set it, so a Unruly (Popcaan) me want come lock down it.
- Dexta Daps should close Dancehall Night. Him have the likkle sexy sumn bout him and him will make the girls dem tremble inna dem boot.
- Me prefer Popcaan fi close it 'cause he's more artistic at this time. The man just hard.