Palace Card to be discontinued in 2017
Palace Amusement Company is phasing out its decade-old Palace Card in 18 months. Holders of the cards will be given ample time until December 21, 2017, to close out their cards, which are dedicated to moviegoing purchases.
As of June 21, 2016, the movie company will no longer offer top-ups on cards, a decision marketing manager Melanie Graham, says was taken in the best interest of patrons, against mounting operational costs for the card.
"Our Palace Card is somewhat unique in this market and economies of scale have become a major factor," Graham said. "We are striving to keep moviegoing affordable and the decision was taken to phase out the card, rather than pass on increases to patrons. Our online ticketing system, which we introduced last year, is now fully equipped for all major credit cards, so moviegoers will still be able to purchase tickets online at their convenience or at any of our box offices. We've always accepted credit cards or cash for snacks at our concessions and that will remain so."