A kiss from Kate - Winslet drops a smacker as Hollywood recognises finest
Kate Winslet was among the big winners at the Hollywood Film Awards - and celebrated by kissing Allison Janney on stage.
The actress, who starred in Mountain Between Us, was presented with the Best Actress award by Shailene Woodley for her role in Woody Allen's Wonder Wheel at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday and then praised Allison, calling her up from her seat for a smooch.
She said: "I know I don't really know you, but I know I just want to be you. I do, or just stroke you or something. I mean, we could always kiss, maybe? Ah, it's gonna happen! This is an exciting moment!"
Allison, who won the Best Supporting Actress gong for I, Tonya, got up from her seat and said: "It's happening now."
She then took to the stage and Kate put her hands on the former West Wing actress' cheeks as she planted a smacker on her lips.
Jake Gyllenhaal was another big winner on the night, taking home the Best Actor prize for his portrayal in Stronger of Jeff Bauman, a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing, and he praised him in an emotional speech.
He told the audience: "We've always had this compulsive need for heroes, the need to transform ordinary humans into superhumans, but Jeff Bauman never wanted to be a hero.
"I don't know if I could've found the courage to do what Jeff did in real life, but I know something now that I didn't know then - if we could find in ourselves the strength that Jeff found, we just might not need heroes."
Gary Oldman, who received the Hollywood Career Achievement Award, said, "I began my career almost 40 years ago, and at every juncture, some significant person or turn of fate pushed me along. I've had great fortune in my career and I feel every ounce of that privilege."
Hollywood Film Awards 2017, full list of winners:
- Hollywood Career Achievement Award: Gary Oldman
- Hollywood Actor Award: Jake Gyllenhaal, Stronger
- Hollywood Supporting Actor Award: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Hollywood Actress Award: Kate Winslet, Wonder Wheel
- Hollywood Supporting Actress Award: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
- Hollywood Comedy Award: Adam Sandler, The Meyerowitz Stories
- Hollywood Breakout Performance Actor Award: Timothee Chalamet, Call Me By Your Name
- Hollywood Breakout Performance Actress Award: Mary J. Blige, Mudbound
- New Hollywood Actor Award: Jamie Bell, Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool
- Hollywood Ensemble Award: I, Tonya
- Hollywood Comedy Ensemble Award: The Big Sick
- Hollywood Breakout Ensemble Award: Mudbound
- Hollywood Foreign Language Film Award: Angelina Jolie and Loung Ung, First They Killed My Father
- Hollywood Song Award: Diane Warren, Common and Andra Day, Stand Up for Something from the Marshall soundtrack
- Hollywood Animation Award: Coco
- Hollywood Director Award: Joe Wright, Darkest Hour
- Hollywood Documentary Award: Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Can't Stop, Won't Stop: A Bad Boy Story
- Hollywood Screenwriter Award: Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, The Disaster Artist
- Hollywood Cinematography Award: Roger Deakins, Blade Runner 2049
- Hollywood Film Composer Award: Thomas Newman, Victoria & Abdul
- Hollywood Editor Award: Sidney Wolinsky, The Shape of Water
- Hollywood Visual Effects Award: Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, Dan Barrett and Erik Winquist, War of the Planet of the Apes
- Hollywood Sound Award: Addison Teague & Dave Acord, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
- Hollywood Costume Design Award: Jacqueline Durran, Darkest Hour and Beauty and the Beast
- Hollywood Make-Up & Hair Styling Award: Jenny Shircore, Beauty and the Beast
- Hollywood Production Design Award: Dennis Gassner, Blade Runner 2049