Getting to the top
According to transformational coach Caleen Diedrick, to really feel happy and fulfilled in life, you have to find your passion - only then can you accomplish your full potential.
Speaking to Flair, she explained that you have to ensure that you are doing something you love, as it is difficult to work hard at something that you are not invested in. You have to have a passion and a love for what you do.
"Finding one's passion is accessing the things that you can do well and that comes naturally. Spend time to nurture those gifts in order to foster the skills needed to execute your passions effectively," stated Diedrick.
She explains that to discover your passion, you will need to trust your instincts. "You need to follow your intuition, and when a business plan comes to mind that excites you, you should plan. Put your plans and ideas on paper and do the research to see the feasibility of this venture and the best way to move forward. But you should also recognise that you might be fearful at different stages of executing your plan." This is normal, she stressed.
Striking a balance
She noted that while it is important to strike a balance between your personal and business life, at the beginning you may have to make some sacrifice. "Fulfilling one's true potential requires a lot of focus, drive and sacrifice. There will be times - usually in the earlier stages, that you will be consumed with work. Honour this time, do the necessary work so you can get pass this stage," she advised.
But with all this hard work, Diedrick emphasised that you will need the support of those around you to help you spread your wings. If you are married, you should always remember to keep your partner involved. Ask for their opinions and help so they feel like a part of this aspect of your life. And quality life is very important.
"It is important to just take at least an hour from your busy schedule each day that is solely for your family, significant other or child. Give them your undivided attention at this time," she advised.
Diedrick noted that when you are on top, that doesn't mean that the work stops.
She provided us with some
tips on how to get to the top
and staying there.
Getting to the top
1. Think about what comes naturally - do you work with your hands, or are you organised.
2. Hone these skills.
3. Act on your inspired thought. When you have a business plan or idea, do the research and see how feasible it is and what you might need to be successful.
4. Capitalise on the research - go back to school if you need to and make a plan as to how you are going to achieve this passion.
5. Execute this plan.
Staying on top
1. Nurture yourself - take time to centre yourself. Do things that will make you feel good about yourself and your accomplishments.
2. Seek out mutual beneficial collaborations - partner on projects. This will help you to keep current.
3. Give back. It is important to share your gifts with others who need your help.