Besides the bride's dress, the bridemaids are equally important. They will be standing beside you on your very special day and will be in all your pictures capturing those precious moments so they have to look good.
Choosing bridesmaids dresses can be a very daunting and complicated experience. With the numerous personalities, style preferences, and body types, picking the right dress for the members of your bridal party for your big day is no small task. Sara Stanford of Bliss Bridal, which now carries bridesmaid's dresses gave us five very helpful tips to help get you through the process stress free:
1. Choose a colour that will work with the colour scheme of your wedding and the complexions of your bridesmaids. If the colours of your wedding are sunshine yellow and chocolate brown, recognise that a bright yellow may look washed out on a lighter complexioned person, while a chocolate brown may do the same for someone with a darker complexion. Choose carefully which colour will work best with each bridesmaid.
2. Don't be afraid to play with different dress styles for each bridesmaid. Let's face it, no two bridesmaids have the same body shape, therefore, the same style dress may not work for everyone. If you have a bridesmaid who is very busty, you may not want to put her in a strapless gown.
3. Decide if you want a long or a short dress. Remember, for morning weddings, a short, less formal dress will work better than a long flowing gown.
4. If you have a large wedding party (more than four) it may be wise not to take every bridesmaid to the first dress fitting. Too many can make the experience more difficult as they all may have different opinions and are unable to agree. Take maybe three or four of varying body types, and choose the dress you like best from that group.
Remember the final decision is yours. Once you have made the decision, then you can bring all of them to get everyone measured and fitted
5. Most important, remember that you chose these women to stand by your side on your wedding day because they are important to you. So although you may have a specific colour or style in mind, keep their feelings and tastes in mind as well. Being a bridesmaid takes a lot of work and usually costs money. It is always nice when everyone likes their dress and feels beautiful and comfortable in your pick. It will definitely make for a more fun and pleasant wedding day.
Bliss Bridal Kingston
Barbican Buisness Centre
88 Barbican Road
ATL Bogue City Centre
Bogue St James