Looking for love in 2016
As we turn the leaf on a new year, many persons are looking to start a relationship but what does one look for in a partner? Nice eyes? A great smile? A quirky sense of humour? There are a lot of different things that might make you attracted to someone. But having a healthy relationship with is about more than attraction; it requires respect, trust and open communication. Whether you're looking for a relationship or are already in one, it's not always easy, but possible to maintain a healthy relationship. Look for someone who:
* Treats you with respect.
* Doesn't make fun of things you like or want to do.
* Never puts you down.
* Doesn't get angry if you spend time with your friends or family.
* Listens to your ideas and compromise sometimes.
* Isn't excessively negative.
* Shares some of your interests such as movies, sports, reading, dancing or music.
* Isn't afraid to share their thoughts and feelings.
* Is comfortable around your friends and family.
* Is proud of your accomplishments and successes.
* Respects your boundaries and does not abuse technology.
* Doesn't require you to "check in" or need to know where you are all the time.
* Is caring and honest.
* Doesn't pressure you to do things that you don't want to do.
* Doesn't constantly accuse you of cheating or being unfaithful.
* Encourages you to do well in school or at work.
* Doesn't threaten you or make you feel scared.
* Understands the importance of healthy relationships.
Remember that a relationship consists of two people. Both you and your partner should have equal say and should never be afraid to express how you feel. Now go find yourself the man or woman out there waiting for your love.