Big chop that guest list
When we have found love, it is understandable that you feel like you want to celebrate it with the world, especially when it comes time to say 'I do' forever. Unfortunately, we cannot. Cutting down the guest list can be an overwhelming task, so Flair would like to assist you with making the big chop of the list for your special day.
1. Calculate your budget.This will determine the number you are working with. Determine the amount you have as a whole then what you will need to make your dream wedding (location, dress, etc). What is left will be your guest budget. You cannot budget the guest list first and then plan the wedding.
2. Stick to your budget. We don't know how many times we can say this. Life goes on after the big day; no need to start your married life in debt.
3. Be firm. Remember, this is your day do what makes you happy. If you say no children, then stick to that. Having a children's menu and an adult one only increases your budget.
4. Your co-workers may be a stretch for your budget, so be very careful in selecting who, if any, are included on the list.
5. We love our family, but ifyou are from a large family, it is impossible to have everyone in attendance.
Two tips on how
to smooth things over
with those not invited
1. Be gracious, explain that you are having a small family gathering and while you would love them to be there, you just cannot afford them to be.
2. Sometimes giving a souvenir to some of the persons who were eliminated from the list will make them feel better, knowing they were being thought of.