Meet the Miss Universe Jamaica contestants Pt. III
Miss Starlight Production
Vital Statistics: 33-25-38
Occupation: World traveller
Favourite Colour: Black
Favourite Food: Jerk chicken
Favourite Sport: Volley ball
Favourite Actor: Angelina Jolie
Favourite Film: Pursuit of Happiness
1. Travelling, reading, learning, surfing and nature washing.
2. School last attended: Fairleigh Dickinson University. Dean's list, Global Scholars Program
3. To travel to over 30 countries, work with an organisation dealing with human trafficking and to speak fluent Spanish and German.
4. Continue learning and connect with people through travel, cultural exchanges and to be my own boss.
5. Because I believe it would allow me to assist in the growth and development of my country, while upholding the Miss Universe Jamaica's motto 'Enhancing Lives through Beauty', while negating misconceptions about Jamaicans. This pageant has been in my mind for the last year, constantly thinking how I can win, but quickly realising there is no winning unless I focus on myself first, and to cultivate the mentality of a confident woman.
6. Watching the aurora borealis in Iceland.
It was the craziest thing I had ever experienced. It was like a dream.
7. My proudest moment was when I decided to live for myself. I had been working at a 9-5 job for over a year and life was the same for me daily. The job meant security, routine, and it was a safe job but at the end of the day it was not fulfilling nor challenging.
So I took the greatest leap of faith and I booked a ticket to live in Costa Rica after I found a job there. I decided that I had nothing holding me back except what society and family said I should be doing, and I just listened to that faint voice of my heart. For the first time, I travelled knowing that I would not have anyone to fall back on to help me and I had to count on myself. I was petrified but my inner voice was poking through.
This initial moment to live outside any comfort zone or barriers I had for myself was my proudest moment, and most importantly, I did this all on my own, unknowingly building my self-reliance.
Krystal Angelique Pitt
Miss Exquisite Windows
Vital Statistics: 32-25-39
Occupation: Server/Learning Coach
Favourite Colour: Teal
Favourite Sport: Weight Lifting
Favourite Singer: Charlie Wilson
Favourite Actor: Will Smith
Favourite Film: Seven Pounds
1. Enjoying nature, learning more about the body, and working out.
2. Florida International University.
Scholastic Awards/Achievements: CXC & CAPE
3. My immediate goal is to win the title of Miss Universe Jamaica 2016, and hopefully go on to win the Miss Universe title as well, then complete my Bachelors in Business Administration, become a certified personal trainer, while at the same time operating my own business and becoming fluent in Spanish and French!
4. To be successful in achieving all my goals and having a balanced life.
5. To not only be given the awesome opportunity of representing Jamaica on the international stage, but most important, it affords me a greater opportunity
to truly 'Enhance Lives through Beauty' and giving back through established
6. My most unusual experience occurred at a very young age when I took piano lessons with an instructor named 'Aunt Iris'. She was an elderly woman whom most people called "grumpy".
A few months after having taking lessons with her she would show up at my doorstep as early as 6 a.m. to do additional lessons at no extra charge. It turned out that she saw a huge potential in both me and my brother and that is why she pushed us to do so well ... and for that I'm eternally grateful!
7. Being employed by the Ritz Carlton Hotel.