New Year’s Resolution: Health and Fitness
When you think of New Year's resolution, fitness immediately comes to mind, so let's tap into that, shall we? Here are a few New Year's resolutions you can implement for 2017.
- Food journal: If you want to lose weight right, keep tabs of what you eat and hold yourself accountable for all your bad intake. Don't worry, your body will thank you.
- Executive profile: Everyone should do a full, comprehensive check-up, at least once for the year. Everything you can think of, they'll check it, to make sure nothing catches you by surprise during the year.
- Gynaecological examination: Ladies, keep abreast with your gynaecological health by doing a Pap smear twice a year. That's one appointment you should keep.
- Dental health: You should always wear your brightest, whitest smile, so take dental health under consideration and get a check-up and clean every six months.
Step outside of the gym and try a new and exciting activity like dancing or Pilates, some physical activity you have always wanted to try, that will make you break a sweat in the process.
- Enrol in a gym and stick to it: Don't waste your gym membership, find a devoted partner or personal trainer to push you beyond your limit. You never know how much that boost will help you towards being a healthier and better you.
- Bad eating habits: If you are a soda lover, don't go cold turkey. You may end up being more obsessed than before. Gradually wean yourself off your sweet or savoury addictions until you are able to function without them completely. Remember, everything is good in moderation.
- Set a realistic weight-loss goal: We all want to have that smoking-hot chiselled body, but that may lead to mission impossible if you approach it from that standpoint. Let's, instead, work towards realistic goals, like 10 pounds at a time, or target a trouble area and go all in.
- Self-care: Take the time to deal with your personal mental health so that you can keep yourself out of a depressive state.
- Positive energy: Getting rid of toxic energy that will drain you will work wonders because your emotional health is just as important as your physical one.