Keeping it on Fleek with Tosh Alexander
Tosh Alexander is a making a name for herself as a woman in entertainment and like many women, we want to be at the top of our game and look good at it. Alexander definitely has the look and Flair reached out to her for some notes on her beauty regimen.
Alexander has extremely sensitive skin and this makes her more cautious about what she uses on her skin. Buying local products has benefited her tremendously, keeping her skin blemish free.
Her go-to for skincare is Irie Rock. It is not only gentle on the skin, it cleanses her pores. She calls it her secret to healthy skin. The reason she entrusts her skin to this local brand are the ingredients.
"I am not saying that international products do not work, but I have proven that our products work just as well without the harsh chemicals. And, for me, the chemicals work against the skin instead of for it," she tells Flair.
She also uses their aloe-based facial moisturiser in the same brand. For her toner, she uses AriLab Skincare toner.
When it comes to daily make-up, Alexander is a keep it clean, cute, and simple kind of girl. Admittedly, she mentions that she is not the contour person because she does not have the patience, but if you want to get her look, here are few tips:
1. On a day-to-day no foundation, a light bronzer, mascara, and lip gloss.
2. Mascara is your best friend. Alexander believes that her eyes are her best assets so she does not go over the top with it on a day-to-day basis but she is never without a mascara. The mascara opens up your eyes.
3. Her night look is always bold lips, a red, bright pink, or plum, anything highly pigmented with foundation and sometimes a light smoky eye or nothing at all on the eyes. Please note on those bad days there is nothing a red lipstick cannot cure, and she pulls it out specifically to give her mood a boost.
As it pertains to make-up removal, she admits that there is no major regimen but she does use CVS's eye make-up remover to eliminate the make-up on her eye and face. There are times she goes completely organic and goes straight to witch hazel.
An admitted deep conditioner 'junkie', she tells Flair that when it comes to her hair she does not use the same deep conditioner each week. This will eliminate the chore of having to seek a new one after a few months when her hair gets used to it. However, apart from deep conditioning each week, she has a few tips on how she maintains her healthy hair.
1. Use a clarifying shampoo once a month to strip the hair of build-up.
2. When she chooses, she uses an apple cider vinegar instead of a clarifying shampoo (once a month only). She uses half water to half apple cider vinegar to strip the hair and then deep conditions immediately after. One of her favourites is the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow and Restore Treatment Masque.
3. Deep condition weekly.
4. Clip ends every six to eight weeks.
5. Avoid heat as much as possible and, in fact, she does not own a flat iron of her own because she would not like for it to get dry or brittle.
As for her body, she goes to the gym frequently because she has a genuine love for food and does not believe in dieting. She tries her best to be strict on portion control.