Have a Goddess Herbal Blend Steam with Tou-Khan Naturals
When Khandia Reynolds felt that she was at her wits end with her menstrual cycle, she decided that she needed to take things into her own hands and went to her roots for the solution.
Reynolds has created a yoni/vaginal steam to add to her Tou-Khan Naturals line. She previously had body oils, moisturisers and scrubs in her skincare line, but she did not decide to go delve deeper into producing more products until she began experiencing unbearable cramps.
She describes what she was going through every month as, "really bad periods". Frustrated, she decided to try something different even though she was sceptical about it - the detox beads.
It did work, but Reynolds was still uncomfortable about the process, so she started doing some research. A history buff, she is often inspired by other cultures, and through her research, she learnt about vaginal steaming. She did her research on several different herbs, and created a blend of her own which included, calendula, motherwort, yarrow, lavender, and rosemary.
When she found that the herbs and steaming worked for her, it became a light bulb moment.
"I thought that since I had this problem, then there must be other women out there with it, that would much rather use a steam than to actually insert," she told Flair.
She advises that the menstrual cycle can and may change after what she now calls her Goddess Herbal Blend Steam. Depending on a woman's body, the first use might result in a heavy flow. But after that, the monthly experience should become more pleasant. She recommends that women do this steam once a month before their cycle.
"Often, there is a great deal of material that is "encrusted" to the inside of your womb, which is expelled after doing the yoni steam. The herbs have a powerful effect on the uterus, dislodging much of what is stuck. Sometimes this means your flow will be very heavy, dark and thick for just a day or two, and other times it just extends the length of your period to get it all out," she explains.
Her research has also revealed that this ancient remedy is used by individuals who suffer from a wide range of illnesses. Even if one is not experiencing any illnesses, she recommends they do it just to pamper ourselves as it is known to relieve anxiety in women.
Reynolds outlines the benefits of the herbs in her steam:
- Calendula: Aids in the healing of scar tissue, vaginal tears, or haemorrhoids.
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, motherwort strengthens and relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, and may help treat uterine fibroids. Motherwort stimulates uterine tone and blood flow.
- Yarrow: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing. Yarrow is great for regulating menstrual flow, treating ovarian cysts, and supporting overall uterine health.
- Lavender: One of the most relaxing herbs, lavender supports healing, and it also promotes menstrual flow.
- Rosemary: An aromatic and antimicrobial herb, rosemary treats a bacterial infection, speeds wound healing, inhibits yeast growth, and stimulates menstruation.