Don’t Wait To Lose Weight
Many believe that they need to lose 10, 25 or even 30 pounds before they can reward themselves with a jaw-dropping attire that complements their new body. You've seen those Fashionova jeans or that gorgeous body con dress and declared that when you are skinnier, you will be a lot more confident. If you are waiting until you lose weight before you buy clothes, read this.
Here are five reasons why waiting until you lose weight before you buy new clothes is madness.
1. It lowers your self-esteem.
When you don't have clothes that fit, you feel awful about yourself. Every piece of clothing is too constricting and you will feel terrible about your body every time you get dressed.
2. Makes you think thinner is better.
It keeps you trapped in a thinner-is-better fantasy. This reinforces the mentality that being thinner is the ticket to getting a new life and being happier with yourself. You believe that when you are thinner you will dress, act and live differently, which will give you a more fulfilling life.
3. It facilitates the torturous relationship you have with your body.
You are probably already struggling to find peace with your body. Having a wardrobe where nothing fits is an added means of torture. It is heartbreaking to go into your closet only to realise that not one article of clothing makes you feel confident, comfortable or even sexy.
4. It makes you feel like a failure.
If you only allow yourself to buy clothes when you are thin, what does that say about your own self-worth when you have additional weight on your body? It also makes you believe that you are not deserving of looking and feeling your best in your current state.
5. You end up with a closet filled with a million different sizes. This will leave you completely confused and not able to track your progress along your weight loss journey. Chances are your weight will yo-yo because you can accommodate it.
Instead of waiting to lose weight to buy new clothes, here is what you can do.
1. Clean out your closet! Sorting through your closet can even unearth certain gems. Throw out the jeans that you haven't been able to wear in the last 10 years. In the end, you should be left with clothes that actually fit and feel good in.
2. Start buying outfits that make you feel amazing right now. It doesn't mean you can't or won't change. This is you telling the world that you love and appreciate your body and you are willing to dress your best at any size. You will gain a sense of confidence when you are able to slip into items of clothing that actually fit.
3. Remind yourself daily that you are beautiful, you are enough and you deserve the very best.