CB Pan Chicken Championship - Yuh ready?
WITH MORE than $1 million in cash and prizes at stake, the contestants of the 2014 CB Pan Chicken Championship are raring to go.
By now, special marinades have been concocted, recipes tweaked, and sauces perfected, all in a bid to create the most distinctive pan chicken. Come Sunday, November 23, one person will stand out from the pack to claim the title CB Pan Chicken Champion. The competition blazes off at noon on the Kingston Waterfront, with 26 finalists given one hour to create their best pan chicken, accompanied by a mouth-watering sauce.
While they await the grand announcement, patrons will have the opportunity to purchase CB pan chicken from all the contestants, as well as other delights from National Bakery, Grace Foods, Copperwood Pork, Bad Dawg Sausages, Spur Tree Jerk Seasoning, Pepsi, and Red Stripe. Children will be able to enjoy free rides all day at the National Kiddies Village, play therapy sessions with the Child Development Agency, and learn more about Junior Achievement Jamaica.
With something in store for the entire family, here are our top five contestants for the 2014 CB Pan Chicken Championship.
- 2013 CB Pan Chicken Champion Tyroun Kenton's Top Five Tips for Contestants
1. Make sure your area is clean.
2. Work on your presentation and garnish.
3. Ensure your chicken is tasty.
4. Keep focused on the goal.
5. Do your best!
- CB's Top 5 Tips for attendees
1. Forego Sunday dinner - a bellyfull awaits you at the finals.
2. Wear comfortable shoes - lots of booths and stalls to see.
3. Visit all the contestants and support the pan chicken vendors and sponsors.
4. Come prepared to dance up a storm in the evening during the star-studded concert.
5. Bring your family and friends for a fun-filled exciting day of prizes and surprises.