Meatless Monday recipes
Meatless Mondays recipes
Juicychef's Garlic String Beans
Even if you are not versed in the kitchen, you can prepare this easy dish. I have given no measurements, just make enough for your needs, a handful of beans per person. These beans are so more-ish. I use olive oil, but sometimes use coconut, depending on my mood.
Peeled garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
Olive or coconut oil
1. Trim and rinse beans, pat dry and place in a bowl.
2. Crush garlic and add to beans, with salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of olive or coconut oil.
3. Toss to coat and place under the grill and cook until charred and caramelised.
Juicychef's Mashed Pumpkin and Carrots with Coconut Milk, Parsley and Chives
Pumpkins and carrots are often relatively inexpensive and, paired with their natural starches and sweetness, make an enjoyable alternative to plain potato mash with extra nutritional value. This is a comforting, healthy side dish and
1lb pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 cup coconut milk
1tbsp vegan 'butter' or regular unsalted butter
2 tbsps chopped flat leaf parsley (or regular curly is fine)
3 chive stalks, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place pumpkin and carrot chunks in a medium saucepan and cover with enough water to submerge vegetables. Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender and drain.
2. Mash vegetables together with vegan 'butter' (or regular butter) and coconut milk until your desired texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Mix in herbs and leave a few to sprinkle over for garnish.