Rainforest Seafoods' Christmas Recipes
It's Christmas and your decadent spread would not be complete without something fresh from the ocean. Here are two recipes to add to your table during the holiday.
Shrimp and Mac Christmas Salad
24oz. Large Rainforest Seafoods Ezee Peeled Shrimp (31-40)
24 oz cooked elbow Macaroni
2 slices pineapple
1 small onion diced
1 small red pepper
2oz cherries broken into small pieces
4oz. Ranch dressing.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Remove shell and sautÈe in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for three minutes.
2. Remove and cool.
3. Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and combine.
Place in the refrigerator and allow to chill.
Stuffed Oven-Roasted Whole Red Snapper
With a Pineapple Ginger and Honey Mustard glaze
- one 3-5lb Rainforest Seafoods Red Snapper, cleaned
- 1oz fish seasoning
- 3oz butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 6 pimento grains, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 stalks scallion, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked potato, diced
- 1/4 cup cooked carrots, diced
- 2 pineapple slices, minced
- 4oz pineapple juice
- A pinch of fresh ginger, minced
- 3oz honey
- 2oz mustard
1. Season the fish using the fish spice and garlic. In a bowl, place butter, pepper, onion, scallion, thyme, and pimento and use a spoon to work it into a paste.
2. Use your hand to spread the paste all over the fish, including the cavity. Place the potato and carrots in the cavity and place fish on greased baking sheet.
Move to a heated oven preset at 375 degrees F. allow fish to cook until it flakes easily with a fork. When it is done, remove from the oven to a platter.
For the glaze:
In a sauce pan, place the pineapple, pineapple juice, ginger, honey, and mustard on medium heat, and allow to reduce until its starts thickening. Use a pastry brush to apply evenly over the fish. Plate and serve.
Recipes created by Evrol Ebanks.