You cannot have a Christmas dinner without something good to 'wash it down'. But for those who prefer not to or cannot drink alcoholic beverages, Stephen Hamilton from Eskay Caterers assisted us with a few non-alcoholic recipes.
Ginger Beer Recipe
n 2 pounds ginger
n 6 tsp brown sugar
n 3 quart water
n 4 oz Lime Juice
1. Wash the ginger root thoroughly to remove all dirt under running water.
2. Blend ginger with water in a blender.
3. Pour mixture into a bowl and add boiling water and allow to it to set for 24 hours .
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve in a mixing bowl.
5. Add sugar and mix to perfection.
Sorrel Juice Recipe (Without Rum)
1 lb sorrel
1/2 gal water
1 lb brown sugar
1. Wash and drain sorrel then add to a bowl
2. Add ginger and pimento to the sorrel.
3. Boil water and pour over sorrel and allow to sit for 4-6 hours.
4. Strain and sweeten with sugar, chill and serve
Stephen Hamilton (CEO) (Eskay Catering)
Tel: 873-3466 or 283-0575
Instagram & Facebook: @Eskaycaterers