Today is election day and while you will be up celebrating the victory of your party, you can bring your taste buds in the mix. So whether you are #teamgreen or #teamorange, here are some easy recipes to keep even your meals in sync.
Creamy Spinach and Feta soup
Spinach, a fortifying and invigorating vegetable, full of strength and abundant with minerals and vitamins, is the best support to Mother Nature in maintaining health and well-being. It is also an ideal main ingredient in this soup. Adding feta cheese provides extra sunshine.
1tbs olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
3 bunches spinach
4 cups of chicken stock
2 potatoes (finely diced)
3/4 cup heavy cream
4oz of feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium heavy pot and saute onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add potatoes and stock to cover the mixture and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add spinach to pot, cook until spinach wilts, then remove from heat,
4. Cool and puree in blender.
5. Return blended mixture to same pot. Stir in cream, and cook on low heat until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle each with feta.
For this recipe, frozen spinach can also be used.
1943 Green Juice
This revitalising smoothie is perfect for an afternoon energy boost.
Serves 2 cups
1 cup raw baby spinach
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 green apple, with skin
1 ripe banana (optional)
1tbs lemon juice
1 cup coconut
1. In a blender, add ingredients and blend until completely combined.
2. Add a splash of water if needed to help combine while blending. Pour into a glass. Stir to combine and enjoy.
All recipes were provided by: Chef Noel Cunningha
Instagram and Twitter: @iamchefcunny