A Bit of Smooth & Savoury
We all love a bit of cheese that savoury flavour and smooth texture work wonders on our palate. So to help you indulge in the delectable pleasure, here are a few guilt-free recipes to keep you satisfied.
Adovas Scotch bonnet pepper cheese biscuits
Yield 10 large biscuits serving 4-6
2 cups J.F Mills mix
4 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup Tastee cheddar cheese
1/4 tbs butter
1/2 oz Scotch bonnet pepper
1/4 -1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Pre heat oven to 4508F
2. Combine J.F Mills mix, milk and cheese with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
3. Beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
4. Drop dough by heaped tablespoonfuls on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake eight to 10 mins or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Adovas Cheese Puffs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
2 cups cheese grated
1. Beat the egg in the milk; mix together flour, baking powder, salt and grated cheese.
2. Put large teaspoonfuls on a cold greased tray.
3. Bake for 10 mins in hot oven 4008F or 2008C.
Adovas Watermelon and Cheese Salad topped with Mixed Nuts
2 slices watermelon
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup diced cheese
1 small lettuce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1 tsp honey
In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Add lettuce and apple slices to bowl and toss to coat. Arrange salad on a plate topped with mix nuts and cheddar cheese.
Adovas Surprise Johnnycake
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
Water as needed
3 tsp jerk season
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup vegetable cooking oil
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Knead into a semi hard dough, set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Grate the cheese and mix with jerk season
4. Use dough to make a few balls.
5. Make a hole in the ball and add the jerk season and cheese
6. Deep fry until golden brown
Name: Adonis A. Campbell Certified Chef De Cuisine
Facebook: Adonis Campbell
Phone number: 1 (876) 441-6631 / 1 (876) 367-8862