A funtastic breakfast
Nine-year-old Danika Wallace and five-year-old Kaliese Facey had a 'funtastic' time in the kitchen with Chef Christian Sweeney of Fuzion Catering preparing breakfast using Grace Food's newest product - Grace Food Drink.
With essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients, Grace Food Drink makes an excellent meal supplement with a healthy dose of calcium, iron and protein to keep you going throughout the day. Chef Sweeney and his little chefs stirred up a few breakfast treats to show our readers how they can do more with the Grace Food Drink. Here are four 'funtastic' recipes that you can try at home using all four flavours - smooth vanilla, butter almond, tropical strawberry, and walnut caramel.
Grace Walnut Caramel Pancakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2 sachet Walnut Caramel Grace Food Drink
1 egg, beaten
1tbs melted butter
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk food drink, egg, and butter. Stir into the flour mixture until batter is combined.
3. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat and drop batter by large spoonfuls on to the pan and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter Serve hot with fresh fruit or your favourite syrup. Makes eight pancakes.
Grace Tropical Strawberry Banana Smoothie
1/3 sachet Tropical Strawberry Grace Food Drink mixed according to instructions
1/2 cup yoghurt of your choice (fat free is best)
3/4 cup skimmed milk (skimmed is healthier option)
1 ripe banana
Dash of ground cinnamon
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Sweeten to taste and serve immediately in chilled glasses with strawberry as garnish. Makes two servings.
Grace Cookies and Cream Milk Shake
1/2 sachet Smooth Vanilla Grace Food Drink mixed according to instructions on packet
1 cup vanilla ice cream
2/3 cup of finely crushed cookies of your choice (reserve a small amount for garnish).
Place all ingredients in a blender or a mixing bowl Blend on high until well combined or, using a whisk mix until smooth Serve immediately in chilled glasses and crumble remaining cookies on top as garnish. Makes three servings.
Grace Butter Almond Overnight Oats (with Pumpkin Seeds & Raisins)
1/2 sachet Butter Almond Grace Food Drink, mixed according to instruction on packet
1 cup instant oats
1/2 cup lightly roasted pumpkin seeds (pan roasting is best)
1 cup yoghurt of your choice
1. Mix together harmoniously pumpkin seeds raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Heat food drink until boiling.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine oats and food drink. Stir together, cover and let sit until oats have soaked.
4. Give a final stir, and let cool.
5. In a rock glass/bowl layer oats, yoghurt, and pumpkin seed mixture or eat together in a bowl. Let cool in the fridge overnight. Makes four servings.