Be Brunswick Fit!
For a second year, Brunswick Jamaica has partnered with CEO of Dynamic Lifestyle Patrice White as their brand ambassador and coach, for the upcoming Be Brunswick Fit.
Denise Dixon, marketing manager for local distributors Facey Commodity Company Limited, told Food, "This will be our second year partnering with Patrice, and we expect it to be bigger and better! We will be focusing on letting consumers know the benefits of Brunswick Tuna as you train your body and improve your health. Nutrition works hand in hand with exercise because it is the fuel your body needs to replenish itself after a workout. Our Be Brunswick Fit programme, starting in February, will be not only be challenging, but lots of fun! We are looking forward to working with Patrice on this exciting initiative!"
But in the interim, give your body a jump-start with these healthy and delicious recipes.
Brunswick Tuna & Eve Macaroni Cook Up
2 cans Brunswick flaked tuna in oil or water, drained
2 cups EVE macaroni elbows, cooked and drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup sweet pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 can (425g) EVE green peas, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine Brunswick Tuna and macaroni.
2. Stir in mayonnaise, lime juice, sweet pepper, onion and EVE green peas. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Brunswick Tuna Seasoned Rice
Preparation Time: 30 min.
1 can Brunswick Tuna flaked tuna in oil or water, drained
3 pimento seeds
1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4tbsp scallion, chopped
1 sprig thyme, chopped
2 cups pumpkin, grated
3 vegetable bouillon cubes
2 cups rice
3 cups water
1. Heat oil and butter in medium pot.
2. SautÈ pimento seeds, pepper, onion, garlic, scallion, thyme, and pumpkin for five minutes.
3. Add vegetable bouillon, rice and water.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender and moisture is absorbed.
5. Stir in Brunswick Tuna and serve.