Making a Maltamisu with Malta Coffee
Who said baking was complex? Managing Director of BlueHouse Bakery Stephanie Coy teaches us how to make a Maltamisu using Malta Coffee. It’s a fun and easy recipe for people who want to whip up something quick and tasty at home. Next week, we’ll share Coy’s recipe for a Red Stripe Lemon Beer and Craisins Bread.
½ cup marscapone, softened
6tbsp granulated sugar
6tbsp heavy whipping cream
½ cup Malta Coffee
9 ladyfingers, 1 bulla or 1 pre-packaged vanilla cake
Cocoa to garnish
1. Combine marscapone and sugar in a bowl and stir to dissolve. In a standing mixer or food processor, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the marscapone mixture.
2. Pour the Malta Coffee into a shallow bowl, dip the ladyfingers, bulla or vanilla cake into the Malta Coffee, flipping only once. Don’t soak too long or they will fall apart.
3. Place ladyfingers, bulla or cake in a tight single layer on the bottom of your cup or container (break if necessary). Spoon a bit of the marscapone mixture on top of the cake.
4. Dust with cocoa powder and repeat until you reach the top of your cup. Do not dust the last marscapone mixture as yet.
5. Wrap up and refrigerate overnight, or at least three hours. Before serving, dust with cocoa powder.