Recipe: Red Stripe Lemon Beer and Craisins Bread
Stephanie Coy, managing director of BlueHouse, shared a Red Stripe Lemon Beer and Craisins Bread recipe. It is easy to make, and quick and tasty too.
3 cups all-purpose flour (if using self-rising flour, omit the baking powder and salt)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp granulated sugar
¼ cup craisins
12 oz Red Stripe Lemon Beer (room temperature)
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease an 8½”x4½” loaf pan (unless using a silicone loaf pan).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the Red Stripe Lemon Beer and stir to combine, then add craisins and stir gently with a wooden spoon (for a tender bread, do not over mix batter).
4. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
5. Drizzle the melted butter on top.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden and cake tester or toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
7. Let the bread cool in the pan for five minutes before placing it on a wire rack, slice bread when at room temperature.