Oodles and oodles of sauce
From sandwiches to salads, these recipes have got you covered
Sauces are a chef’s vehicle. One that transports the simplest dishes and turns them into next-level delicious. Peppatree is getting saucy with its brand, making everyday favourites uniquely Jamaican. The brand has a line of hot pepper sauces, Spicy Ketchup, Mango BBQ, and Smokey BBQ sauces. They are made with home-grown Scotch bonnet peppers, herbs, and spices, nurtured by generations of local farmers, which Owner Nathan Haddad says is a driving factor for the sauces. He shared recipes for some simple sauces and dressings that can be used on everything - from meat and seafood to tofu.
Peppatree Red Rum Mango Glaze
2 tbsp Peppatree Mango BBQ sauce
1 tbsp Peppatree Red Peppa sauce
½ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp redrum
1 tbsp mustard
1. In a small saucepan, combine the Peppatree Mango BBQ sauce, Peppatree Red Peppa sauce, sugar, rum, and mustard.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
3. Simmer until the glaze becomes thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes. (To store, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat before using.)
Note: This glaze goes great with all meats, tofu, and seafood.
Peppatree Pineapple Vinaigrette
1 tbsp Peppatree All Tings spice
¼ cup pineapple juice (use fresh if possible)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp ground almonds
1. In a small bowl, combine the Peppatree All Tings spice, pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and ground almonds.
2. Whisk the ingredients together until a consistent texture is achieved. (To store, cover and refrigerate.)
Note: This vinaigrette goes great with all things, including salads, meats, and seafood.
Peppatree Scotch Bonnet Peppa Mayo
Peppatree Scotch Bonnet Peppa
1. Combine Peppatree Scotch Bonnet Peppa sauce with mayonnaise at a one to four ratio.
2. Mix ingredients thoroughly till blended evenly.
Note: This is good on sandwiches (breads), salmon, and seafood.
Peppatree Smokey Citrus BBQ Sauce/Dip
1 cup Peppatree Smokey BBQ sauce
¼ cup Peppatree Green Peppa sauce
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup orange juice
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the Peppatree Smokey BBQ sauce, Peppatree Green Peppa sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, orange juice, and cilantro.
2. Transfer to a saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes. (To store, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat before using.)
Note: Increase the Peppatree Green Peppa sauce to achieve your desired heat level. This glaze goes great with all meats, tofu, and seafood.