Eat healthy, get active, live happy
Are you one of those who, as summer unveils, sneakers get dusted off, gym clothes get squeezed into and your mind makes revolutions around getting that perfect summer body?
Getting into shape can be easier if you make it a part of a year-long agenda, balancing the energy you put into your body with the energy you use through physical exercise. In essence, that is the key to a happier and healthier you that will last throughout the seasons.
If I were to ask you for some reasons for not exercising, you may say - no motivation, not enough time, too tired, and the list goes on. But being active can reduce your risk of diseases such as obesity and can make you feel alert and physically charged. It is recommended that adults should exercise at least 30 minutes and children around 60 minutes per day.
Try having some outdoor fun with the kids, skipping, kicking football or play scavenger hunt, hiding items around the yard, and other fun stuff like that that the whole family can enjoy while getting much needed exercise.
Nestlé wants to help you on your journey to good nutrition and health.
Here are a few tips:
- Try to eat a healthy, balanced breakfast every morning which can include Nestle whole grain cereals with Nestlé low fat milk with Omega 3:6, which provides essential fatty acids that your body needs to care for your heart.
- Reduce your portion size by using smaller sized plates and ensure that you read the nutritional facts table of products, paying attention to its content - serving size, calories and sugar levels.
- Reduce your sodium intake, as this can be a risk factor for high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease
- Choose grilling food instead of frying. Every tablespoon of oil can add about 100 extra calories
- Keep hydrated throughout the day, especially when it's hot or after exercising.
Today is the perfect time to get started!
and Consumer Relations