Couples Sans Souci pushes back renovation plans
Couples Resorts has pushed back renovation plans for its Sans Souci hotel in St Mary because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In statement online last Friday over the signature of Chairman Lee Issa, the company said: “In light of COVID-19, we have decided to postpone our 2020 renovation plans for Couples Sans Souci. The resort was set to close on May 1, 2020 for two months and partially reopen on July 1, 2020 with a full completion date of November 1, 2020.”
The release did not say when the renovation will take place.
Earlier this month, Couples Resorts had announced the closure of its four properties, Sans Souci, Tower Isle, Negril and Swept Away, for the month of April.
“The Issa family and Couples executive team have carefully made this determination based on the various travel restrictions in effect in addition to considerations regarding our staff’s health at this time. We will continue to monitor and update you accordingly. Our hearts and thoughts go out to everyone affected by this pandemic and we appreciate those on the front line working to contain the virus,” the company said.
The properties are set to close March 28 to April 30.
On Friday, the all-inclusive resort chain indicated that plans are still on to reopen for May, saying it is accepting bookings from that period.
“In addition to our other resorts, Couples Sans Souci is also now accepting reservations May 1, 2020 onwards. During our current closure period for the month of April, we will be refreshing all rooms and completing two model rooms for your viewing.”