Tue | Jul 14, 2020

Fire at Gordon House

Published:Friday | December 19, 2014 | 12:00 AM

Parliament workers watch as firemen arrive to investigate reports of smoke at Gordon House in Kingston. It was later determined that the smoke was caused by an air conditioning vent which had overheated.

The incident followed an unrelated early-morning break-in at Parliament, in which the the offices of both the speaker of the House of Representatives and the Senate president were ransacked and computers taken.

- Jermaine Barnaby/Photographer