Roads across the city closed for Obama's visit
Below are the road closures and alternative routes announced ahead of the visit of President Obama:
- Traffic along Camp Road terminates at Cross Road. It is diverted along Arnold Road, using Marescaux Road into Cross Roads, via Half-Way Tree.
- Motorists travelling along Half-Way Tree Road, Old Hope Road, or along Slipe Road will not be allowed to turn on to Caledonia Avenue. Instead, they will use any of the three roads mentioned, whichever is applicable to their destination.
- Caledonia Crescent at the interval with Caledonia Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic. Traffic travelling along Caledonia Avenue will not be allowed to cross over on to Caledonia Avenue.
- Traffic travelling on Arthur Wint Drive intending to use Tom Redcam Avenue will not be allowed to do so. It will, instead, be diverted along Central Avenue through Swallowfield to Old Hope Road.
- Those travelling out of Central Avenue or North Avenue will be diverted northerly along Arthur Wint Drive towards the National Stadium.
- Only motorists attending the Bustamante Hospital will be allowed beyond these points.
- Arthur Wint Drive will be closed just below the entrance of the Edna Manley School.
- Vehicles entering or exiting the Edna Manley School, Transport and Repairs or Queens Gate, Up Park Camp, will turn northerly along Arthur Wint Drive in the direction of the National Stadium.
- Traffic travelling along Old Hope Road from Cross Roads will be diverted left along Eureka Crescent to use Half-Way Tree Road.
- Old Hope Road between North Avenue and Eureka Crescent and all roads leading on will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- Traffic travelling along Old Hope Road will be diverted either on to North Avenue or Lady Musgrave Road.
- The entire length of Oxford Road from Old Hope Road to Half-Way Tree Road and all roads leading on will be closed to vehicular traffic. Those travelling from Half-Way Tree intending to use Oxford Road will be denied access. Instead, they will continue straight along Half-Way Tree Road.
- Belmont Road will be closed at Oxford Road, also at Haining Road.
- Haining Road will be closed at the Oxford Road intersection and at the junction of Haining Crescent.
- Ripon Road will be closed at the junction of Eureka Crescent and at the junction of Oxford Road.
- Knutsford Boulevard between Trinidad Terrace and Oxford Road will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5 p.m. today to 10:30 a.m. tomorrow. Traffic travelling southerly along Knutsford Boulevard towards Oxford Road will be diverted along Trinidad Terrace, while traffic travelling from Trinidad Terrace will travel north along Knutsford Boulevard towards Trafalgar Road.
- Knutsford Boulevard will be closed at Dominca Drive and below the Courtleigh Hotel.
Patrons/guests exiting the Courtleigh Hotel will travel north along Knutsford Boulevard towards Trafalgar Road.