Fri | Apr 28, 2017

Warner released from remand, takes to political platform to promise bombshell revelations

Published:Thursday | May 28, 2015 | 5:45 PM
Warner ... My life feels threatened, but I will not relent.

The embattled former FIFA vice-president, Austin 'Jack' Warner, fresh from his release on bail from the Remand Yard of the Frederick Street Prison took to the political platform in Chaguanas East Cottage this evening promising to tell all about one of Trinidad's most senior government officials.

"My life feels threatened, but I will not relent," read a tweet from Warner's handle on which live updates of the political meeting were being posted.

According to Warner, it was a lie for the senior government official to have told the country that he did not finance the official's political campaign.

"The gloves are off, I have stayed silent for too long," Warner said.

Earlier this afternoon, Warner walked through the gates of the Trinidadian remand facility, a day after he was granted bail in the amount of US$400,000.

Warner surrendered to police in Port of Spain yesterday after reports that Trinidad's Central Authority had issued a provisional warrant for his arrest.

The former FIFA vice-president and ex-boss for CONCACAF was among 14 corporate executives and officials of the football world governing body indicted in a major corruption case unsealed in a New York Federal Court yesterday.