April 8 deadline for 'bad gas' complaints
Motorists whose vehicles were affected by ‘bad gas’ have, until Friday, April 8, to submit their claims for compensation to the Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC).
The CAC, in a press release yesterday, advised of the necessary information to be included in these compensation claims.
That information is:
• Name, address and telephone numbers
• Detailed report from mechanic or dealer outlining the problem and corrective action taken
• Receipt of petrol purchased or if this is unavailable, the date and place of purchase
• Pictures of work carried out and affected parts, if available
• Receipt for parts purchases, repairs and other related costs such as wrecker fees
• Any other helpful information
If necessary motorists are urged to contact the CAC for more information at its offices at 34 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 10; 30-34 Market Street, Montego Bay, St. James; 23 Caledonia Avenue, Mandeville, Manchester.