'Shower Man' detained in connection with Kingston violence, 14 others being sought
One of the six men yesterday named as a person of interest in connection with the upsurge of violence in areas of downtown Kingston is now in police custody.
In the latest round of violence a two-year-old boy was shot dead, and his father and another man injured at the intersection of Beeston Street and Luke Lane two nights ago.
The police say Odane Leiba otherwise called ‘Shower-man’ was arrested last night during a regular patrol in Kingston.
However, an appeal remains for the other five men named yesterday to surrender to the police.
1. Demar James
2. Steve Allen, 20, alias 'Frenchie’ of Charles Street
3. Tafari Gayle or 'Tyson’ of Denham Town
4. Hoshane Frazer otherwise called ‘Straight Up’
5. Paul Malcolm also known as 'Paji’
Meanwhile, the police this morning released a fresh list with another 10 people they believe can help with their investigation into the violence in Kingston.
1. Robin Thompson, 28, otherwise called ‘Dust’
2. Chavaughn Blyden, 18, alias 'Turtle-Back’
3. Lancaster Coke, 25, popularly called ‘Bomber T’
4. Raheem Coke also known as ‘Poo Charles’
5. A man known only as ‘Deiago’ of a Denham Town address
6. Taja Freeman, 24, otherwise called ‘Weng’
7. Jermaine Fyffe alias Timmo’ and ‘Counsellor’
8. Alvin Cavallier otherwise called ‘Bunny’
9. Will Small alias 'Omar’
10. Junior Powell also known as ‘Gaza Man’
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of these men is being asked to contact the Denham Town Police at 948-6443, Police 119 emergency number or the nearest Police Station.