UPDATE: New JPS president and CEO takes office August 1
Canada's Emanuel DaRosa is to assume office as president and chief executive officer of the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) on August 1.
The JPS this afternoon confirmed that DaRosa will succeed Kelly Tomblin.
Tomblin demits office on July 7.
"Emanuel is extremely pleased to accept this assignment, to build on the excellent work of his predecessor, Ms. Kelly Tomblin and to serve the people of Jamaica," a JPS spokesperson said in a statement.
The JPS said DaRosa has successfully led other organisations to achieve top quartile performance by adopting best in class practices and processes ultimately achieving employee, operational and customer service excellence.
- Born on the Island of Sao Miguel in the Azores, Portugal and migrated to Canada at the age of three
- Was the first in his extended family to complete a university education, graduating with honours.
- Plays soccer, baseball, golf, hockey, and enjoys riding his motorcycle as well as snowmobiling
- Married to Sherry, for 21 years
- His wife and daughter Deanna, will accompany him to Jamaica while Daniel, his son, will attend the University of Alberta Physiology program working his way to medical school.
- For the past six years, DaRosa has served as the CEO of the Northwest Territories Power Corporation.
- He is credited wit leading the organisation to becoming an industry leader in Canada.
- The corporation owns and operates 27 isolated grid systems using diesel, hydro, liquefied natural gas, wind and solar in one of the world’s harshest climates.
- At the same time, he sat on the Board of Directors of district heating firm, Aadrii Corporation for five years.
- Worked as deputy minister in support of ministers and the premier of the Northwest Territories.
- Twenty-six years' experience 26 in electrical utility working in the areas of distribution, transmission and generation.
- Previously held the positions of Vice President of Operations & Engineering, Transmission & Distribution, Asset & Investment Manager, Design Supervisor, Distribution Engineer, Plant Engineer and Transmission System Designer with Thunder Bay Hydro, Brookfield Renewable Power and Ontario Hydro.
- Holds a professional engineering license in Canada and an Executive Masters in Business Administration,