Five #FastFacts about new Police Commissioner Antony Anderson
Former army chief Major General Antony Anderson was this morning sworn in as the 30th Commissioner of Police.
He succeeds George Quallo who retired earlier this year.
Anderson was sworn by Bishop Dr Gary Welsh, Justice of the Peace and Assistant Commissioner of Police, during a brief ceremony at his Old Hope Road offices.
Here are five fast facts about the new Chief Constable:
1) Major General Anderson has had a military career in the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) spanning 34 years, culminating in his six-year tenure as Chief of Defence Staff.
2) He was appointed Jamaica's first National Security Adviser in December 2016.
3) Anderson is the third ex-army man to head the Jamaica Constabulary Force.
4) He holds a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master's degree in Defence Administration from Cranfield University, United Kingdom.
5) Major General Anderson is a Justice of the Peace for Kingston and a recipient of the Order of Distinction, Commander Class.