Key strategies in fighting crime
THE EDITOR, Sir:
Here are some concrete suggestions that can be employed for us to get a handle on crime:
- In upgrading the police force, weed out corrupt cops;
- Make it safe for us to give evidence in court, and to report crime without being afraid to do so;
- Continue to monitor this crime-polluted country with public state of emergency and curfews when necessary;
- Make sure the police have sufficient motor vehicles to move around at all times.
- Use of more undercover police officers;
- Flood crime-prone areas and town centres with surveillance cameras;
- Furnish dark streets, dark corners and other places with bright lights;
- Let the security forces search all idlers, who are lurking around on street corners, for illegal weapons.
- Reintroduce capital punishment.
Donald J. Mckoy