Judge Dread: right man for the monsters of crime
THE EDITOR, Sir:
The late reggae icon Prince Buster wrote this song called Judge Dread. It’s a song that I love from school days until this day. It’s a great song. In a crime-polluted Jamaica, where crime is dominating the country significantly for so many years, Judge Dread would be the right man for the monsters of crime. Let’s put it this way: A guilty convict was given 400 years (more than a life sentence) in prison by Judge Dread. The accused denied the allegations, and he was slapped with 400 more years by the no-nonsense judge.
So I am using the above statements to say this:
- A man who stabs a woman to death, multiple times, should be given the death penalty.
- That cruel bastard who chased a nine months’ pregnant woman and shot her to death in Linstead, St Catherine, last year should be given the death penalty.
- A hooligan who beats a woman to death should be hanged by the neck.
- A monster who chops a woman to death, multiple times, with a machete, should be hanged by the neck.
- A cold-hearted brute who slits a woman’s throat should be given the death penalty.
- A jerk who kills an elderly couple or a young couple should be hanged with a rope by his neck.
- A wicked scoundrel who brutally murders his spouse because she decides to end the relationship should be given the lethal injection.
No matter the cause or how hurtful the situation is, or may be, you should never kill a woman so brutally.
Criminals and cold-hearted killers are not getting the right kind of punishment in Jamaica.
DONALD J. MCKOY