Perfect hairdo for your I do
For many women, their wedding day is a dream come true. From the dress to the nails, reining on the podium of beauty would have to be the hair. You will be the centre of attention, so whether you choose a traditional updo, a fresh side bun or opt for free-flowing curls, aspire to complement not just your physical appearance, but your personality as well.
Here are a few tips from hair stylist Kerry Spencer of Salon Innovation to consider when finding the perfect hair to for I Do.
• Consult with a stylist who will advise you on choosing the right hairstyle for your facial features.
• If you have an oval face, it is better to have the hair at the side or an updo - this will show more of your facial features.
• If you have a more straight face, spiral curls or an updo is your best bet. Updos are good on most faces, with a little French twist.
• The setting should be considered, whether it's an outdoor or indoor wedding - updo hairstyles are preferred especially during a hot or windy season.
• To avoid being sweaty and hot, an updo is recommended with dropped curls at the front - as long as it's off the neck.
• Be careful not to over-accessorise your hair,
especially if the dress is already fancy.
• Curls are mainly used for indoor weddings, since most brides hate the feel and look of stiff curls.
• If decide to use a veil, not many accessories are needed - your hair should complement, not clash with, the rest of your attire.
• Be sure to schedule your hair trial three months before the wedding, and on the day, one hour before you walk down the aisle.
Salon Innovation is located at New Kingston Shopping Centre, 30 Dominica Drive, Kingston 5. Telephone: 876-929-8521. Orchid Village Plaza, 20 Barbican Road, Kingston 6. Telephone: 977-4247. Email: email@example.com.