Thu | Jan 24, 2019

Ask the Doc: 'I think my daughter is having sex'

Published:Tuesday | June 23, 2015 | 12:00 AM

Q: Where do you seek help if your son is smoking ganja and acting weird?

A: You need to visit a psychiatrist, right away, to get your son evaluated. The psychiatrist will recommend the therapy and types of treatment your son may need.


No new church for me

Q: My mother has decided that we will be going to a new church. At 16, I am quite comfortable with my friends at the old church. How can you get her to change her behaviour?

A: I cannot change your mother's behaviour. You should sit with your mother and ask her to explain why she has changed her beliefs. This should help you understand what she did.

- Orlean Brown-Earle, PhD, is a child psychologist and family therapist. Email questions to, or send to Ask the Doc, c/o The Gleaner Company, 7 North Street, Kingston. Responses to concerns are to be considered as general, as cases shared with psychologists privately would be queried more deeply. Pray always.