Mon | Feb 19, 2018

Ask the Doc: My son is molesting his daughter

Published:Tuesday | March 22, 2016 | 12:00 AM

Q: I am afraid to report my son who is molesting his daughter. I feel the family would stop providing for me. How can I do so secretly?

A: You call call 119 or 1-888-PROTECT or 618-5888 and tell what you know. Give as much information as you can. You do not have to leave your name. The investigators will do the rest.


Q: My son has serious anxiety attacks especially when he sees dogs. Can he be helped?

A: Yes, with the help of a psychologist your son can overcome the anxiety he shows when he sees a dog.

Orlean Brown-Earle, PhD, is a child psychologist and family therapist. Dr Brown-Earle works with children with learning and behavioural problems throughout the island and in the Caribbean. Email questions to or send to 'Ask the Doc', c/o The Gleaner Company, 7 North Street, Kingston. Responses to concerns are to be considered as general, as cases shared with psychologists privately would be queried more deeply. Pray always!