Touch down with Copperwood Pork
Super Bowl Sundays now has a place in the Jamaican culture, becoming yet another sporting activity which draws families and friends together.
Copperwood Pork has got in on the action with their spare ribs which is the perfect addition to any Super Bowl party menu. The Copperwood team whipped up their very own Cajun Ribs with Rum BBQ Molasses Sauce, and decided to share it with you. Here’s the recipe to get you grillin’!
Cajun Spiced Ribs with Rum BBQ Molasses Sauce
1 rack Copperwood pork ribs
For the Cajun Rub
2 tbs paprika
1/2 tbsp salt
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tbs onion powder
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs dried oregano
2 tbs fresh thyme
2 tbs cayenne pepper
For the dark BBQ rum sauce
2 cups BBQ sauce
1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup Molasses
1/4 cup sugar
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Remove excess fat and the outer membrane from the ribs. Score bone side lightly in a cross-hatch pattern with a knife for extra flavour from the seasonings to penetrate the meat.
3. Combine all the Cajun rub ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pack the rub generously on both sides of the ribs and marinate for at least 2 hours.
5. Bring the ribs to room temperature before cooking.
6. Place the ribs on the grill and let stay for 2 1/2 — 3 hours or until the meat is tender and the internal temperature registers 150°F.
7. Heat the rum BBQ sauce just until it thickens. Brush on to ribs and serve with sides of your choice.