5 tips to help keep you safe
You can never be too careful, and it's important to become proactive instead of reactive when it comes to being safe. Below are some important tips to incorporate in your daily lives.
1. Before entering a taxi or any other vehicle, take a picture of the car to include any words or images, registration plate and send it to a relative or a trusted friend. It is best to let the driver of the taxi know that you are sending the information — it could serve as a deterrent. You could discreetly take a picture of the driver and send it as well.
2. Avoid setting patterns. If possible, take different routes to frequently visited locations. Don't travel at the same time every day, and eat at different restaurants.
3. Never be afraid to scream. If you are being taken against your will, don't hesitate to scream for help and alert persons around you. Your attacker will be caught off guard.
4. Limit your use of social media. Avoid advertising your every move on social media, and be careful not to provide personal information to individuals you have never met in person.
5. Always remember to trust your instincts. If it does not feel right, chances are it is not, so always err on the side of caution by acting as if something is wrong.