5 Wonders of Apple Cider Vinegar
By now you might have heard all the buzz surrounding the ‘miraculous’ apple cider vinegar.
If you have it in your kitchen, you may have used it in cooking, but after some research and a little help from Flair’s DIY Jo, we found so many more ways to use it and it doesn't involve your pot.
Take a look at some ways women have turned the vinegar into their best friend and newest obsession.
1. Detox: The apple cider vinegar has become one of diet’s saviour, with many claiming it helps in weight loss and with cleansing the body of toxins. Drinking up to a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water, or using it as a dressing on vegetables, can help with detox and weight loss.
2. Shampoo: Naturalistas including DIY Jo shares that using the vinegar to wash your hair is good for stripping it getting rid of build-up. She advises women to deep condition their hair after the use of the vinegar.
3. Toner and Acne Treatment: Apply vinegar to a cotton ball and use it to cleanse the face of make-up or excess dirt that may have built-up throughout the day.
4. Sore Throat/Tonsil Inflammation: The vinegar is often used to reduce the swelling and irritation of a sore throat or inflammation of the tonsils. Gargle with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt dissolved in a glass of warm water. Use several times a day if needed.
5. Yeast Infection: According to our readers, vinegar can be added to a bathtub of steaming water and used as a steam if you have a yeast infection. This is said to relieve women from the irritation and itching that comes along with the infection.