5 tips for a healthier state of mind
The mind is a powerful thing, so we must ensure that it is in tip top shape. Here are 5 tips from Associate Clinical Psychologist Justine East on how to maintain a healthy state of mind.
1. Recognise what you can’t change or things you don't have control of. Then you’ll be able to see clearly the things you can control and make steps to doing that.
2. Set small realistic goals. Try writing them down each day or week to help keep your organised on track.
3. Change it up sometimes. While routines help, altering your schedule occasionally, can get rid of some of the monotony of a tedious day. For example, change your jogging route or location; go on a spur of the moment road trip, try a new restaurant for lunch.
4. Make time to laugh by interacting with friends, watching comedies or funny videos online. Laughter can help lessen anxiety.
5. Try to keep an open mind and don’t let obstacles get you down. Learn to accept that there will always be challenges, and things won't always go your way. Accept this, be ready to move on, turn your obstacles into motivational factors, and keep pushing and achieving.