Having a bad day at work? 5 ways to Make Your Bad Day Great
We all have them — that one day when we are either overwhelmed by work or just don't feel like ourselves.
Having a bad day is normal, but getting over or through it is not always easy. So here are a few tips to get you over the Monday blues, bipolar Wednesdays and not quite Fridays.
1. Motivation — give yourself a bit of a motivation. Whether it be a bible verse or an inspiring quote, keep it at your desk to remind you of how awesome you truly are on those rough days.
2. Comfort food — Treat yourself to something you love — a little guilty pleasure. A chocolate bar, a muffin — anything that warms your heart.
3. Music — Pump up the volume. Turn on your favourite song-the one that always puts you in a good mood as you balance the books, finish that presentation or get ready for your next meeting.
4. Take a break, I am not talking about being a delinquent, but taking a five minute break or a walk to recollect your thoughts can work wonders.
5. Talk to someone — do not shut yourself down. Allowing the bad mood to dominate is easy when you are going through it alone. Take a minute to get the stress off your chest by calling a friend or talking to a trusted colleague to unload.