5 make-up tips for when you're feeling under the weather
No one likes being sick, and it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time - when we need to look our best.
But even if you don’t have a special occasion coming up, being ill will definitely put a damper on your mood, especially with what you see in the mirror.
With a little help from treand2wear.com, we have put together five beauty tips to help you look like a million bucks, even when you're ‘down and out’.
1. Minimise your make-up - Yes. Instead of the approach that most women take when they get sick (piling it on), we recommend you go the opposite route. When you are ill your skin will not be at its best, and that will be exaggerated with too much make up. No matter how good and expensive your foundation is, it will appear as if you’ve placed it directly on a sheet of paper! Less is best.
2. Prep your skin with a luminous primer - A dewy look is the best. Avoid matte foundations, they can make the skin look dull; and use a luminous primer under your tinted moisturiser or foundation. It will reflect light off of your skin and leave you with a healthy glowing finish.
3. More moisturiser, less powder — Moisturising is a must because when you’re ill, your skin gets dry. Powder will make your skin appear dryer than it already is, so load up on your moisturiser.
4. Brighten your eyes - Apply some shimmering beige or gold creamy eye shadow to your lids and at the corner of your eyes, to catch the light and counteract any redness or dullness in the eyes.
5. Keep your lips sheer - Sheer lips are trending for the season and numerous brands have their own line in a variety of shades for Spring because, let's face it, they look good on everyone. Unlike matte, that can be drying and show every single line on your lips, sheer lipsticks are much more hydrating making them perfect for sick days to give your complexion a boost and have your lips looking juicy.