Five signs you might be stressed
We live very fast paced life with a never ending 'to do' list. This constant treadmill combined with economic woes and goals, is usually accompanied with self neglect and stress. This can make us feeling constantly nervous, tense and on edge. However, we get so caught up with ‘life’ we often do not realise that we are overcome with stress.
Life Coach Elizabeth Terry shared five signs you need to look out for that just might indicate that your are stressed.
1) Sleeplessness — This includes taking a long time to fall asleep; falling asleep and waking without being able to return, and not feeling rested.
2) Excessive irritability or aggression — sometimes situations or what people say or do may trigger a response which is uncharacteristic (e.g. shouting at a child or co-worker). When you find yourself acting out of character, you should take a minute to really think about what caused your reaction.
3) Feeling anxious all the time — We live very fast paced lives which are filled with ‘to do lists’ from the time we wake up until we go to bed at nights. This can cause us to feel overwhelmed, consumed by that thought that we may not be able to get everything done. This is when anxiety sets in.
4) Frequent illness — stress lowers our immune system’s ability to fight off colds, flu and other viruses. Long-term stress can also lead to lifestyle diseases such as high blood pressure and heart attacks.
5) Overeating or drinking — If our life is off balance, we may overindulge in another area in order to find ways to escape and bring back our equilibrium. More often than not, we do this unconsciously as a response to the stressful situation.
Certified Trainer and Coach in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Time Line Therapy® and Hypnosis.