PHOTOS: Roger will be missed, says JLP
The General Secretary of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), Dr. Horace Chang, is expressing sadness at the passing of the Minister of Agriculture & Fisheries, Roger Clarke.
He has also extended condolences to Minister Clarke’s family, colleagues and friends.
"Roger will be missed by both sides of the House," said Chang.
"He had a jovial nature and was a keen campaigner, always injecting fun and revelry into any campaign."
Chang said he will mostly be missed by the people of St Elizabeth and Westmoreland where he was not only a politician but also a major employer in the agriculture sector.
Dr. Chang added that the Jamaica Labour Party wished his family and friends comfort in this time of grief and said.
· Born – June 11, 1940
· 1982 – until death - Executive Member of the People’s National Party
· September 1991 - Elected member of Parliament for North East St. Elizabeth
· January 1992 – January 1995 - Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture
· January 1995 - 1997 - Minister of Local Government and Works
· 1998 – 2007 - Minister of Agriculture
· 2007 – 2011 - Opposition Spokesman on Agriculture and Rural Development
· 2011 to death - Member of Parliament for Central Westmoreland
· 2011 to death - Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries
WATCH: The Gleaner Minute