Timeline: Final flight for N900KN
A small aircraft carrying two people from Rochester, New York, this afternoon crashed near Port Antonio in Portland, Jamaica, after it failed to land in Naples, Florida.
The Gleaner team has compiled the details of the final flight of the Socata TBM700 high performance single-engine turboprop:
* The pilot, name unknown, filed a flight plan with the FAA to fly from Rochester, New York, to Naples, Florida.
* 9:45 a.m. - The plane takes off from the Greater Rochester International Airport, New York.
* 11 a.m. - Air traffic controllers were last able to contact the pilot of the Socata TBM700, a high performance single-engine turboprop.
* Plane fails to land in Naples, Florida as planned.
* 12:30 a.m. - Fighter jets were scrambled and followed the plane until it reached Cuban airspace, when they peeled off.
* 1:18 p.m. - Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) says unresponsive plane heading into Jamaican air space.
* Approximately 1:40 p.m. - JDF reports that the plane crashed 14 miles (22km) north east of Port Antonio, Portland, Jamaica and dispatches rescue team.
More on the ill-fated flight:
Flight number - N900KN
Owners - Buckingham Properties, operated by developer Larry Glazer, who also is president of the TBM Owners and Pilots Association.
WATCH: Special Report - Small plane crashes in Jamaican waters