Sun | Apr 30, 2017

Nigerian patient at Mandeville hospital had food poisoning - doctor

Published:Saturday | October 18, 2014 | 10:09 PM
Mandeville Regional Hospital. - Photo taken from the srha.gov website

Senior Medical Officer at the Mandeville Regional Hospital in Manchester, Dr Everton McIntosh, confirmed to our news centre that the sick Nigerian man at the hospital today had a case of food poisoning.



McIntosh says the man was treated and later released.



He admitted that the man's presence at the hospital caused panic among health and medical personnel, but said that's understandable given the fears about the threat of the Ebola virus.



WATCH: THE GLEANER MINUTE




Follow us on Twitter:

@JamaicaGleaner



Follow us on Instagram:

jamaicagleaner



Watch our videos on YouTube:

Jamaica Gleaner



Email us: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com